Features• Fanuc 31i PC-based front end
1. New Housings & Motors The manual handwheels and dial housings are replaced by new motor housings and direct-coupled high-efficiency Fanuc servomotors. The direct- coupled motors provide a quick, efficient and improved means of driving the X- and Y-axes.
2. CNC System The column-mounted electrical box is replaced with a floor-standing electrical enclosure that contains the CNC system, axes drives, power supplies, machine interfaces, and other associated electrical circuitry.
3. Manual Pulse Generator The hand-held Manual Pulse Generator (MPG) hangs conveniently off the CNC workstation, allowing immediate intervention in velocity control.
4. Full Alphanumeric Keyboard The full-feature keyboard allows for program creation, entry and editing directly at the machine's control panel.
5. Improved Air Flow The hydraulic box is upgraded to include a low air pressure sensor and improved air filtration.
6. Ease of Operation All MDI and CNC operations are performed from the operations control panel immediately adjacent to the machine.
7. Programmable Reciprocation Rate Provides MDI operation and manual overrides directly from the panel.
8. Spindle Housing The spindle housing is completely rebuilt, including all bearings and components required to achieve new machine performance.
9. Programmable Planetary & C-Axis The C-axis handwheel and worm gear are removed. Full CNC operation of the C-axis and planetary spindle functions is achieved with a single drivetrain, a single servomotor-gearbox and pulsecoder mounted to the top of the yoke assembly. Planetary grinding speeds can either be controlled from the operator's panel or programmed in the CNC. The C-axis motion may be determined by successive block commands. Contouring is controlled by Automatic C-Axis Normalcy.
10. Programmable U-Axis The manual outfeed dial is replaced with a precision gear drive and motor-encoder unit. The CNC control provides both MDI and full programming capability of the U-axis outfeed slide.
11. Programmable Reciprocation The manual reciprocation rate knob/valve is replaced with a servo-controlled valve in the conversion, providing reciprocation speed control from both the operator's panel and the CNC part program. The programmable reciprocation eliminates the manual setting of trip rods for different zones, and allows any number of CNC-defined end point zones within part programs.
12. High-Speed Reciprocation Option Cylinders, manifolds, valves, pistons, and packings are all upgraded, and a precision linear glass scale is mounted to the yoke/housing assembly to provide increased reciprocation speeds up to 175 cycles per minute at a stroke length of one inch. System operation under the increased speed is also improved, including end point repeatability and programmable reciprocation ranges.
13. Continuous Path Capability The precision roller bearings and cages that are utilized on all Moore Roller-Way machines are used to convert the Friction-Way axes to Roller-Way axes. Precision roller bearings are ground, lapped and matched in accurately machined cages and installed on the X-axis V-Ways and the Y-axis V- and Flat-Ways. This ensures smooth, almost friction-free and geometrically accurate motions on the X- and Y-axes, and allows for precise positioning and contouring motions.
14. Fast & Accurate Axes Motions Precision ballscrews with preloaded ballnuts replace the existing leadscrews in the CNC conversion. Great attention is paid to the alignment of the
ballscrews parallel to the V's, as well as the height of the ballnuts, to allow perfect coaxial motion over the full axes travels. This provides a fast and smooth motion of the X- and Y-axes.
15. Contamination Protection New accordion covers are installed on the table, cross slide and base, and completely enclose the X- and Y-axes. They provide contamination protection for the ways, ballscrews and linear feedback scales.
16. Scale Feedback Precision glass linear feedback scales are precisely mounted on the X- and Y-axes. The scales provide accurate positioning measurements at any axis speed independent of the ballscrews.
Options Moore AutoSize®
Single-axis rotary table Air spindles: 9,000 to 175,000 rpm (five spindles)